Electronic Cigarette Liquid is just water, E-Liquid Base, flavorings and some percentage of pure nicotine or some other optional additives. You can make yourself your own E – Liquid easily with the following E – Liquid Materials to save your money and to have your own unique flavors.
Make Your Own Electronic Cigarette Liquid (Vape)
- For making your own electronic cigarette liquid, what you need are the followings: E-Liquid Base: such as Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin . You need to have FOOD GRADE Propylene Glycol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerin (VG) as we provide here. The E-Liquid Base are the ingredients that creates the visible smoke/fog/vape. In fact, this is the ingredient in smoke machine fluid that creates the smoke/fog/vape.
- E-Liquid Flavorings: You need to have FOOD GRADE, high temperature resistance and water soluble flavorings as we provide here. Other flavorings which have only room temperature resistance and contains either oil or sugars may not be suitable for smoking in a personal vaporizer.
- Optional additives: such as E-Liquid Nicotine, herbs, or whatever additives for tobacco and herbal recipes.
- (Optional) Distilled Water: Filtered drinkable water is OK. Other water, such as tap water has too many chemicals to make it healthy to vaporize into your lungs.
You can put about 10%-20% of the flavor concentrate in your E-Liquid Base, depending on the followings:
- The E-Liquid Base.
- The Nicotine density.
- Your personal flavoring intensity.
For your convenience, here we provide you the E-Liquid Calculator for you to DIY your own E-Liquid to save your money and to have your own unique flavor, according to the different nicotine density.
For thicker smoke use less water. While you are using vapor in higher temperature environment or hot season, use less water. If making a solution with additives, then leave out the water and use either a few drops of additive solution or more depending on strength and taste. You will have to experiment !
The flavor strength will be variable with the different E-Liquid Bases and the different nicotine densities. You need to adjust the flavor strength with the different E – Liquid Bases and the different nicotine densities with your personal preference. Normally you just need to put in 6%-8% of the flavoring concentrate in your E – Liquid depending on your personal strength of the flavor and the Nicotine density. For higher nicotine density, use a little more flavoring concentrate.
Remember that the nicotine density listed for e-liquid is the number of milligrams of nicotine per milliliter in the E – Liquid. That means a 10ml bottle of 24mg nicotine e-liquid would have 240mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 10ml). Likewise, a 30ml bottle of 24mg e – liquid would have 720mg of nicotine in it (24mg x 30ml).
Remember successful mixing at home relies on some understanding of the basic principles when mixing your own E – Liquid recipe.
You should never mix in large batches unless you know for certain that you’re going to like the result. It is all too easy to over dilute your e – liquid if you work on the whole bunch at once, and ruin it. It is much safer (and cheaper,) to mix up small batches, so if it goes wrong, you can strengthen it with a few more drops, or mix it into a more palatable flavored juice to use it up. You will also be able to try a lot more flavors with a single bottle if you make small batches.
Unless you like you flavors very strong, you will want to add some inert liquids to dilute your mixtures (these substances are called diluent). You may use the E – Liquid Base, alcohol and/or distilled/deionised water, according to preference (though more than a drop or 2 of water is not advised, if the liquid is too runny, there is a greater risk of it leaking into batteries and it will produce little vapor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are making a nicotine based liquid, there are some things you need to keep in mind. Nicotine is a poison. Too much can be very toxic. Nicotine is an alkaloid found in certain plants, predominantly tobacco, and in much lower quantities in tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant and green peppers. When absorbed in small amounts, whether from cigarettes, cigars or E-Cig, nicotine can cause stimulation, a feeling of relaxation, calmness, and alertness. The effects of nicotine can last from minutes to hours. The carcinogenic properties of nicotine in a standalone form (i.e., separated from smoking or chewing tobacco) have not been evaluated by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, However current available literature indicates that nicotine in standalone form does not promote the development of cancer in healthy tissue and has no mutagenic properties.
HAVE FUN WHILE MAKING YOUR OWN E-LIQUID!